- Acquired management rights of agricultural machinery manufacturer Toyosha Co., Ltd. (now Hitachi Construction Machinery Tierra Co., Ltd.).
- Started sales of road construction machinery.
- Established Siam-Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd. in Thailand.
- Launched Super Landy EX-2 series of hydraulic excavators employing electronic control.
- Launched Landy KID EX series of mini excavators jointly developed with HOKUETSU INDUSTRIES CO., LTD., marking the full-scale entry into the mini excavator business.
- Established P.T. Hitachi Construction Machinery Indonesia in Indonesia.
- Launched HR420 Mobile Crusher, marking the entry into the environmental product market.
- Launched LX-2 series of wheel loaders.
- Launched New Super Landy EX-3 series of hydraulic excavators.
- Launched CX500 Crawler Crane.
- Developed a hydraulic excavator employing a wired remote control method and operated it during unmanned rock removal work along Mizunashi River of Mount Unzen (received the 1995 Chairman¡¯s Award from the Japan Construction Machinery and Construction Association).
- Launched EX-2 series of mini excavators.
- Established Hitachi Construction Machinery Operators Training Center Co., Ltd. (now PEO Construction Machinery Operators Training Center Co., Ltd., an equity method affiliate) in Saitama Prefecture.
- Established Hefei Hitachi Excavators Co., Ltd. (now Hitachi Construction Machinery (China) Co., Ltd.) in Anhui Province, China.
- Launched Landy V EX-5 series of hydraulic excavators.
- Made CablePrice Limited in New Zealand a wholly owned subsidiary.
- Launched EX3500-3 Ultra-large Hydraulic Excavator (won Ichimura Prize and Chairman¡¯s Award from the Japan Construction Machinery and Construction Association).
- Launched EX200-5X EFCT Level Master Hydraulic Excavator, which semi-automates front section operations through a control system.
- Launched EX225USR-5 Hydraulic Excavator with a small backing turning circle.
- Initiated capital participation in P.T. Hexindo Adiperkasa Tbk in Indonesia.
- Launched LX-3 series of wheel loaders.
- President Ryuichi Seguchi received the VE Manager Award.
- Developed EX5500 Ultra-large Hydraulic Excavator, the largest in the world (at the time).
- Tsuchiura Works obtained ISO 14001 environmental management system certification.
- Established Hitachi Construction Machinery Southern Africa Co., (Pty) Ltd. in South Africa.
- Established Yungtay-Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd. (equity method affiliate) through a joint venture with Yungtay Engineering Co., Ltd. in Taiwan.
- Acquired management rights of Canada-based Euclid-Hitachi Heavy Equipment, Inc. (now Hitachi Construction Truck Manufacturing Ltd.).
- Established Hitachi Construction Machinery (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. in Shanghai, China.
- Established Hitachi Kenki Fine Tech Co., Ltd., which engages in the manufacturing and sale of precision instruments, ultrasonic imaging devices and other equipment, in Tokyo.
- Founded Hitachi Construction Machinery Australia Pty., Ltd. in Australia.
- Founded Hitachi Kenki Business Frontier Co., Ltd., which runs information-related businesses, in Tsuchiura-shi, Ibaraki Prefecture.
- Initiated capital participation in India-based Telco Construction Equipment Co., Ltd.
- Established Hitachi Furukawa Construction Machinery Co., Ltd., which is engaged in the manufacturing of wheel loaders, in Tochigi Prefecture.
- Established Elsys Co., Ltd. (now Hitachi Construction Machinery Leasing Co., Ltd.), which is responsible for financial services, in Tokyo.
- Launched ZAXIS series of hydraulic excavators, the first in the world to be equipped with a satellite communications function (e-Service, now known as Global e-Service) (received Grand Prize in 2000 Nikkei Superior Products and Services Awards and Chairman¡¯s Award from the Japan Construction Machinery and Construction Association).
- Launched EX2500-5 and EX3600-5 Ultra-large Hydraulic Excavators.
- Launched EX1200-5 Large Hydraulic Excavator.
- Collaborated with TCM Corporation and Furukawa Co., Ltd. on wheel loader development and production. Launched seven wheel loader models under a unified concept.
- Reached an agreement with Deere & Company to integrate operations of North, Central and South American sales businesses.
- Launched ZAXIS U series of mini excavators with a small backing turning circle.
- Launched EX5500-5 Ultra-large Hydraulic Excavator.
- Hitachi Construction Machinery (Europe) N.V. established Amsterdam Works in the Netherlands and commenced production.
- Added hydraulic excavators with ultra-tight turning circle and small backing turning circle to ZAXIS series lineup.
- Launched ZAXIS UR series of mini excavators with ultra-tight turning circles.
- Launched EX1900-5 Ultra-large Hydraulic Excavator.
- Established Hitachi Sumitomo Heavy Industries Construction Crane Co., Ltd. (now Sumitomo Heavy Industries Construction Cranes Co., Ltd., an equity method affiliate) in Tokyo.
- Established Hitachi-Furukawa Loaders Europe S.A.S. in France.
- Launched LX-7 series of mid and large-class wheel loaders.
- Established Hitachi Construction Machinery Thailand Co., Ltd. in Thailand.
- Received Miles Award in corporate category from the Society of Japanese Value Engineering.
- Added wheeled hydraulic excavators to ZAXIS series and launched.
- Developed EX8000 Ultra-large Hydraulic Excavator, the largest made in Japan and one of the largest in the world.
- Made Tadakiko Co., Ltd., which manufactures and sells hydraulic equipment and parts for construction machinery in Chiba Prefecture, a wholly owned subsidiary.
- Made Hitachi Construction Machinery (Malaysia) Sdn.Bhd. a wholly owned subsidiary.
- Launched ZAXIS-3 series of large hydraulic excavators.
- Launched ZW-3 series of wheel loaders (received 2006 Good Design Award).
- Established Hefei Rijian Shearing Co., Ltd. in Anhui Province, China as a parts supply company.
- Launched hydraulic excavators of ZAXIS-3 series (received 2006 Good Design Award and 2007 iF Design Award).
- Established Hitachi Construction Machinery Sales and Service France S.A.S. in France.
- Established Qingdao Chengri Construction Machinery Co., Ltd. in China.
- Made UK-based Heavy Construction Machinery LTD (now Hitachi Construction Machinery (UK) Ltd.) a wholly owned subsidiary.
- Established Hitachi Construction Machinery Leasing (China) Co., Ltd. in China.
- Launched EX-6 series of Ultra-large hydraulic excavators.
- Consolidated the rental business in Japan and founded Hitachi Construction Machinery REC Co., Ltd.
- In Hitachinaka-shi, Ibaraki Prefecture, established Hitachinaka-rinko Works as a production site for mining machinery, and established Hitachinaka Works as an equipment and component production site. Both sites commenced operations.
- Launched EH3500AC-II, one of the largest Japanese-made rigid dump trucks. EH3500AC-II employed an AC drive system driven by a wheel motor with electric power obtained by operating a generator through the engine.
- Consolidated sales operations in Japan and reorganized into Japan Division.
- Made Canada-based Wenco International Mining Systems Ltd., which is involved with fleet management systems, a consolidated subsidiary.
- Made Shin Tohoku Metal Co., Ltd. in Akita Prefecture, which manufactures and sells cast products for construction machinery and other items, a consolidated subsidiary.